Sleepy Hollow Clinic
Welcome to the Sleepy Hollow Clinic Website.
PREGNANCY – Antenatal Education (private classes). Ideal for:
- busy couples
- single mums
- adoptive mums (postnatal care, feeding and attachment)
- refresher courses
- tailor made classes specific to couple's needs
POSTNATAL – Lactation Consulting, Home or clinic visits. We cover:
- weigh baby, plot growth
- feeding and sleep routines
- breast feeding positions and latching issues
- complications of breastfeeding such as mastitis, plugged ducts, low milk supply, over production, inverted nipples, nipple/teat confusion, cracked painful nipples, feeding after a breast reduction or other breast trauma.
- normal infant output – urine and stools
- maternal well being, wound inspection for sepsis, BP checks, blood loss, etc.
- baby bathing and routine care
- neonatal issues e.g. constipation, colic, poor suck reflex, prematurity, jaundice, poor feeding.
Postnatal Mums & Babes Group – meet every Wednesday morning 09h00 – 11h00 during term time. This group is a relaxed social forum for mums to socialise and network, gather and share information, have tea/coffee and fresh muffins and occasionally a guest speaker, which all adds to a more positive parenting experience. Often mums bring partners, a friend, a grandmother to join, and we have had many dads bring their babe instead of mum while she has gone back to work. Anybody is welcome!
WE DO NOT OFFER IMMUNISATION AT SLEEPY HOLLOW CLINIC.
FIRST AID COURSES – 3 hour course, specifically focused on infants and children. Email for dates and course information. This course is ideal for new parents, nannies, au pairs, child minders, grandparents and for continued updates.
Sleepy Hollow Clinic is conveniently situated for moms living in Noordhoek, Kommetjie, Hout Bay, Llandudno, Fish Hoek, Glencairn, Simonstown, Clovelly, Kalk Bay, St James, Muizenberg, Westlake, Tokai …..